Drug & Alcohol Testing
Drug and alcohol testing in the workplace is a sensitive issue and raises questions about human rights and data protection. This is why Hawkes Health offer simple and reliable advice to help you implement or maintain your drug and alcohol policy. We undertake testing 365 days a year.
It is essential that the right drug and alcohol test policy is in place and that it is communicated and applied effectively throughout the workforce.
Employers have a duty of care to protect staff from the mistakes of other employees acting under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
A positive test can have serious consequences for both employee and employer, so it is vital that everybody involved has confidence in every stage of the testing process.
How we can help
In addition to our rapid testing service, Hawkes Health offers advice, consultancy and training to support and guide organisations in establishing their policies with respect to substance misuse and/or alcohol abuse at work, and apply the policies effectively across the workforce so that they have maximum benefit.
What we do
- Onsite and offsite non-evidential and evidential testing service.
- Testing available: pre-employment, pre-placement, random, for cause and post incident.
- A 24/7/365 retained ‘call out’ service covering testing offshore as well as a nationwide collection service and UKAS-accredited analysis of samples.
- Substance Abuse Drug policy writing and technical peer reviews.
- Drug and alcohol training.
- Delivery of ‘Lunch and Learn’ drug and alcohol awareness sessions frequently offered free – call us for details.
- Drug and alcohol collection officer training courses.
- Urine, saliva and hair testing.
- Independent Medical Review Officer (MRO) services.
- Post-rehab and return to work testing.
- Medication advice service.
- A confidential employee counselling and rehabilitation service.