Occupational hygiene is the science concerned with measuring the impact of the working environment on employees and establishing and implementing methods to avoid or reduce this to the lowest level.
This approach is designed to protect workers from serious, and even fatal, illnesses caused by work-related activities.
Hawkes Health provides occupational and industrial hygiene services to protect your employees and safeguard your business.
WHAT WE DO:
- Delivery of health risk assessments
- Exposure monitoring for hazardous dusts, fumes, gases, mists and vapours
- Assessment of workplace exposure to noise
- Assessment of exposure to hand-arm or whole-body vibration
- Evaluation of workplace thermal environments, to assess the potential for heat stress or thermal comfort and/or sick building syndrome issues
- Specification, examination and testing of workplace control measures, such as local exhaust ventilation systems and personal protective equipment
- Compilation, completion and review of biological and hazardous substance assessments, and control systems
- Bacteriological and microbiological risk assessments and sampling, for bacteria such as Legionella pneumophila, E. coli and coliforms in water systems
- Indoor air quality and its assessment within buildings
- Ionising and non-ionising radiation, measurement of light and electromagnetic radiation
- Asbestos surveys, assessments and development of management plans
- Deliver the full suite of BOHS-certified training and Occupational Hygiene Training Association (OHTA) international training modules.
Get In touch
To book a course or for further information please email Dan Hawkes or call +44 (0)1224 674174 to discuss your requirements.