Ensuring that staff are fit and ready for a variety of different working environments is essential to mobilising your workforce. Hawkes health has extensive expertise in a wide range of industry-specific medicals including:
- Oil & Gas UK Offshore Medicals – this is a requirement for anyone wishing to work offshore.
- ENG1 Seafarers Medicals – this is the standard medical fitness certification for anyone who works at sea.
- RUK Wind Turbine Medicals – this is an essential requirement for those working in the renewable energy sector, as neither the Oil & Gas UK Offshore or ENG1 medicals take into account the risks specific to this particular working environment.
- ERT Medicals – this is an assessment to evaluate the fitness of Emergency Response Teams.
- LGV and PSV Medicals – this assessment ensures that applicants meet the required standards as set out by the DVLA to drive specialist vehicles.
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Medicals – these assessments are required when workers will be exposed to environments which could be harmful to health. This includes Ionising Radiation (IR), Asbestos, and Lead and involves a consultation with a doctor prior to exposure. Further guidance is available on the HSE website regarding working practices involving IR, asbestos and lead.
- Crane Operators Medicals – Crane operators working offshore are required to hold an OGUK Offshore Certificate. More information regarding ‘Safety Critical Workers’ is available on the HSE website.
- Confined Space Medicals – this assessment confirms an individual’s fitness for working in confined spaces and involves a spirometry (lung function test), audiogram (hearing test) and a consult.
- Food Handler Medicals – this assessment is in line with Food Hygiene Regulations and is an essential requirement for anyone involved in food preparation or entering the food handling environment.
- Overseas Employment and Visa Medicals – this assessment is required for anyone who is required to work overseas as part of their job.