Point of Care (POC) Testing
We offer Point of Care (POC) PCR testing equipment for COVID-19/SARS-Co. Using nasal swabs, this range equipment can test and produce a COVID-19 result in 15 minutes or less.
This could be a form part of your company’s strategy to help keep your employees and workplaces COVID secure and operational, this test is an affordable, fast and accurate way to determine the infection status of employees onsite or returning to the workplace. It is therefore ideal for anyone in the care sector, marine, oil and other business organisations where regular testing forms part of your COVID risk management plan.
The VitaPCR instrument is an approved rapid molecular POCT platform which uses real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) amplification technology for the processing and analysis of VitaPCR tests. It is used for the qualitative detection and discrimination of SARS-CoV-2 viral RNAs in direct nasopharyngeal (NP) or oropharyngeal (OP) swabs from patients with signs and symptoms of respiratory infection which could be COVID-19.
We also use LumiraDx Instruments to also undertake SARS-CoV-2 Ag and Ab testing.
- Clinical performance
- 97.6% positive percent agreement
- 96.6% negative percent agreement
- Analytical performance with a limit of detection of 32 TCID50/mL
- RT-PCR comparable results within 12 days of onset of symptoms
These rapid Real Time PCR point of Care (POC) tests are used, or example, on NHS Wards, remote geographical areas, emergency services, drive through testing centres.
Advantages of POC testing method:
- Identify and isolate any asymptomatic carriers that may be present in the workplace
- Enhance confidence and assurance with regular testing for COVID-19 for your employees, customers and business partners
- Reduce absenteeism due to self-isolation and increase productivity in the workplace
- Ensure employees are negative for COVID-19 and therefore safe to return to work
- COVID-19 testing would be a useful in supporting workplace risk assessments and enhancing safety measures.